Senior Associate Advisor Agribusiness - INDONESIA
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
SNV is looking for a:
Senior Associate Advisor Agribusiness
Based in Jakarta, Indonesia
International consultancy contract
SNV is an international not-for-profit development organization that works in 36 of the poorest countries around the world covering water and sanitation, agriculture and energy. In agriculture, SNV works with smallholder farmers, pastoralists, forest-dependent communities and
companies to provide innovative, market-based solutions to the issues of sustainable markets, food security and climate change - thus contributing to equitable economic development and making markets work effectively for the rural poor.
We are now seeking a highly qualified candidate to fill the post of Senior Advisor Agribusiness to work on upcoming assignments and to grow
SNV’s inclusive business work in Indonesia.
- Manage the inclusive business component of the the EC funded Switch project for sustainable production and processing of rattan and the Sustainable coffee project in Flores and Toraja
- Provide overall technical leadership to develop a viable Inclusive Business programme that will have impact
- Support SNV resource mobilisation and strategic partnership development activities
- Provide advisory services to key clients and coaching to team members
- Ensure quality of advisory delivery by team and contractors
- Administer contract requirements and compliance with donor regulations including overseeing programme finances, monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Ensure positive and constructive donor and stakeholder relations
- Masters Degree in economics, agricultural economics, business administration, international trade or equivalent.
- Proven track record working with medium and large private sector companies in the development of Inclusive Business Models with suppliers, consumers and/or distributors
- Experience in analyzing/implementing Value Chains in the Agriculture, Biofuels, Forestry, or Retail Sectors
- Experience in organizing/executing baseline studies, business plans, risk analysis and measurement impact frameworks.
- Knowledge of the international development or international business field preferred;
- Experience with agricultural certification standards would be advantageous as well as knowledge of the rattan, coffee or dairy
- Experience in research, quantitative analysis and preparation of technical documents.
- Track record in partnership building and resource mobilization
Information on duty station
Name: Jakarta – capital of Indonesia. Duty station will be Jakartai with frequent travel to other provinces of Indonesia.
Health services: There are several international standard healthcare
facilities in Jakarta. Singpore, is a 1.5 hour flight away and provides broader options.
Educational facilities: There are international schooling systems up to IB level in English and French in Jakarta.
Security situation: The security situation in Indonesia is generally good
through most of the country hoever caution should be excercised.
Accessibility: Daily flights.
Contract duration: SNV will offer a one-year competitive associate consultancy advisor contract with the potential to extend for up to a further three years. This is subject to final approval by donor.
Desired start date: ASAP
For more information on SNV please refer to our website: www.snvworld.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.