Sustainable Landscapes Team Leader
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
SNV Vietnam is seeking a
Sustainable Landscapes Team Leader
Based in Hanoi, Vietnam
(The position is subject to donor approval of this project)
SNV has been working in Vietnam since 1995. Using market based approaches, SNV is committed to reducing poverty by catalyzing environmentally sustainable solutions for the poor in agriculture, energy, water & sanitation, and REDD+ (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation).
SNV is participating in a competitive tender process for a program funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), which will provide technical support to accelerate Vietnam’s transition to climate resilient, low emissions development through investments in reducing net emissions from forests, and enhancing resiliency of people, places, and livelihoods in the delta regions to short and long-term climate impacts.
The program requires a Sustainable Landscapes Team Leader. SNV invites interested national and international professionals that comply with the profile describe bellow, to submit their CVs and Application letter to be considered for this position.
Sustainable Landscapes Team Leader is responsible for leading implementation of program activities under the sub-intermediate results: Support adoption of land use practices that slow, stop and reverse emissions from deforestation and degradation of forests and other landscapes.
- Overall management of program and includes managing staff, budgets and overseeing implementation of all aspects of the program
- Monitor outputs and milestones to ensure the program objectives and indicators are being met
- Provide effective technical direction and coaching to the program team
- Provide staff oversight and monitor consultants work in terms of delivered outputs against agreed milestones ensuring quality of services delivered
- Be responsible for liaison with the government of Vietnam, coordinate and work closely with program partners
- Profiling and positioning of the program through documentation and dissemination of good practices
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in managing international development activities in the forest or land use sectors. Work experience in Southeast Asia, particularly Vietnam is preferred
- Master degree in international development, forestry, natural resource economics or social sciences, or other related field. Ph.D level degree in one of these fields is preferred.
- Extensive senior level professional program management experience in the areas of policy reform, government engagement, and technical analyses
- Proven high level of expertise in forestry, natural resources, natural resource economics or social sciences, climate change mitigation, or other area related to work
- Sound project management experience, and experience working with government institutions, NGOs, private sector, and local communities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English
Contract Duration: One-year associate consultancy with possibility of extension will be offered to the final candidate subject to donor approval of this project.
How to apply?
Attach your application letter and CV, together with an indication of your current salary and compensation package.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview when further details will be provided. The selected candidate will be integrated as part of the SNV team applying for the tendered program.
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snvworld.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement