Proposal and Pricing Budget Specialist - The Netherlands - NL 8143
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is looking for a:
PROPOSAL AND PRICING BUDGET SPECIALIST
(Based in The Hague, The Netherlands)
The core aim within SNV is to alleviate poverty by enabling those on the lowest incomes to be part of social and economic networks and so increase their income and employment opportunities. SNV has been present on the ground in developing countries for over 40 years and more than half of SNV work focuses on economic and private sector development.
The Proposal and Pricing Budget Specialist is an integral part of the Business Development Unit at SNV and of the proposal development teams worldwide. As a proposal and pricing budget specialist, you will support corporate, regional and country team colleagues in achieving SNV's goals of fund diversification, quality programming and quality implementation. You will lead and manage all aspects of proposal budget development under the corporate thresholds and preparation of these based on the donor requirements of major donors, such as Europe Aid, USAID and DFID. You participate in meetings related to technical approaches; write budget notes; and work with partners to develop their proposal budgets.
- Lead the development of the proposal budgets from start to submission based on donors’ guidelines and requirements;
- Participate in developing, reviewing, and refining technical and proposal budgets to ensure final proposal meets donor requirements;
- Review calls requirements and advise the proposal team and field offices on the interpretation of specific donor budgeting requirements;
- Ensure headquarters, regional and country support costs are appropriately represented within each budget proposal submission;
- Advise proposal teams to ensure full cost recovery of program activity, including indirect costs and other overhead costs;
- Train other SNV staff in budget proposal preparation, modification, and analysis;
- Respond to periodic requests for assistance from individual program staff, after winning a proposal, coordinate budget information with Finance for grant management purposes;
- Travel to the countries as requested to train and collaborate with country staff on proposal development, where necessary and appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar);
- Experience in business development (resources mobilization) and proposal coordination responding to donor calls for proposals and tenders;
- 3-5 years’ experience working in budget design and analysis;
- At least 3-5 years’ experience with major donors (Europe Aid, USAID, DFID, Private Foundations), including thorough knowledge of their costing and budgeting requirements and formats;
- Proactive, self-directing work approach and a high attention to detail;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work within deadlines on multiple proposals and frequently shifting priorities;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Besides fluency in English (both written and spoken), fluency in French is a plus.
*Above are the minimum requirements for the position. Candidates with more extensive experience in this particular area are also encouraged to apply.
CONTRACT PERIOD: 1 year initially
DESIRED APPOINTMENT DATE: As soon as possible